Tuesday, March 27, 2012

MIchael's Adventure


Hello America,
I’m alive and well. In room 303 last night, my life flashed before my eyes (not really, though). I was being stupid and I pushed on the glass window on the bathroom door, because I had go to the bathroom really badly. Unfortunately, I hurt my arm in the process. David cleaned it out and wrapped it for me, and we waited for Kerry to come and look at it. When she came, she said that I was going to need stitches and we walked to the clinic. Now, the clinic in Ollantaytambo is a lot different than in other places. I ended up getting seven stitches, three stitches in one cut and four in the other. Overall it cost 38 soles (about $15) for seven stitches. Experiencing health care in a developing country is a bit scary at first. The worst part was when they were numbing my wounds. They used a needle, and they did not numb my wounds with cream before. I can say that it was the most amount of pain I have been in in a while. After it was done they bandaged me up and we walked back to the Hostel and went to bed.

-Michael Cromie
With typing help from Patrick, Emma, and Kate