Thursday, March 29, 2012

On the way back from Colegio Valle Sagrado


Hi! We have arrived in Peru and I am so excited! On the first flight, I sat near Sarah Parker. On the second flight, I sat next to Jamie Cornacchia. On the last flight, I sat next to Raquel and Jamie again. We had a long drive into Urubamba and stopped to grab some lunch. It was so good! After that, we drove a little bit more and then arrived in Ollantaytambo, we are surrounded by beautiful tall mountains. I am staying in the Full Moon hostel. So far, the trip has been amazing and SO eye opening! The rafting is definitely a highlight. My host family is so nice, and they have five little puppies! The project is moving slowly but coming along. The kids at the school are so nice! We went to Valle Sagrado (sacred valley school) and I sat in on a religion class. It was so amazing to hear them talk in Spanish about beliefs. The kids are also so nice here! I gave them my email address. I send my love to my parents! Can’t wait to see you!
-Delaney J

HEY!!!!! It is amazingly beautiful here! I’m having the best experience! I wish you were here to enjoy it with me. I think you would like it. I got a poncho made out of alpaca fur!!  I love it so much!! The food here is really interesting. At our host family, they feed us so much. I’m going to be buff when I get back from working so hard. For the service project we are working on making a soccer field, and it’s so much work! But, I’ll probably loose all the weight I’m gaining from my host family’s meals with all the work. My Spanish is getting so good now. I just wanted to tell you that I’m having a GREAT time!! Can’t wait to see you!!! Love you!!
-       Jamie J 

Hello!!!! I miss everyone, but Peru is so beautiful you can’t believe it!! I miss the Rocky Mountains, and will see them soon. I love all of you!!! J
-Jacqueline

I miss everyone, love you mom and dad and really miss you guys. It is amazingly beautiful here, wish you could see these mountains. I haven’t seen any llamas yet but I have seen a lot of SHEEP!!! J           
Sarah C. J


The trip is going by very fast. I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it is here. Everything is so unreal. I love everyone!
Lauren


 Classroom at Valle Sagrado
 Murals at Valle Sagrado
 Basketball game